Wednesday, April 11, 2012

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 8-core CPU


Item: AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 8-core CPU (image source)

I currently have a smooth and stable running PC sporting an Intel i5 2400 processor. I also tend to build a new PC every 12-18 months. I've gone back and forth between AMD & Intel and I don't really have a preference between the two. When it comes time to upgrade, I will be leaning towards AMD and I already have my sights set on the AMD FX-8150 Zambezi processor. Will I really ever benefit from the 8 cores that this power house processor provides? Probably not as I primarily use PC's for gaming and generally more cores means better multitasking performance. But for the price to performance ratio, I think this processor seals the deal!

Itch reliever: Mega Millions

It's a known fact - we all love money! Can you image if you had won the last Mega Million jackpot; or any jackpot over a million?! It would be a dream come true to be a Mega Millions winner and although I rarely purchase tickets on my own, I won't mind pitching in and betting against the odds every now and then.


1 comment:

  1. Technology is truly a fascinating thing. I mean, I think that’s why we both went in to the field, no? It’s never constant; forever evolving. It’s changing at such an exponential rate, it boggles the mind. I love it. You follow the exact method I use when building a personal computer for my own use. Technology never sleeps; however, it does take breaks. I, like you, prefer to wait for major releases before building. The Zambezi architecture is incredible. My last build was centered on the AMD Phenom II 1090T BE. I loved that processor. I babied it with a Noctua DH-14, the best heat sink/fan combo on the market. It was, without a doubt, a very versatile piece of silicone. It was very, very fast. This processor definitely follows suit. I would love to build an AM3+ system.

    Sadly, I am looking forward to Intel’s Ivy Bridge line up. I haven’t built an Intel system in some time, and am now feeling the itch with this line of processors. I mean, seriously – smaller footprint, less heat, lower TDP, MORE power? That’s awesome. I can’t imagine where we’ll be in 10 years.

    In regards to your itch relief; it's a GOOD one! I loved the last Mega Millions. Even if you don't win - honestly think about how much fun you had and the feelings you got dreaming up the things you could do with that much money. It was great!

    ReplyDelete