Thursday, April 19, 2012

Minecraft Legos


Item: Minecraft Legos (image source)

All you Lego & Minecraft fanatics out there.. do not go to your local toy store just yet. The new Minecraft Lego sets are in production but are not expected to hit the shelves until summer 2012. I still remember the feeling of excitement when just the idea of creating Minecraft Legos was unwinding. Once the official announcement was made, I knew it wouldn't be long until one could create their very own Minecraft micoworld outside of the virtual world.

My main reason for all of this joyfulness is that I get to share this experience with my son who eats, sleeps, and [insert expletive here] Legos! And when it comes to Minecraft, the boy knows more about it than his old man. I would also like to add that when spending time with my son playing Legos or Minecraft, I consider it bonding time as it is something we truly enjoy doing together.. good times for sure. Oh, and one more thing - can we say future architect in the making?

This will be a definite purchase come summertime - no doubt about it!


Ok, so this doesn't really act as an itch reliever. However, I would like to share how the idea started. The makers of Lego simply asked the question, "would you buy Minecraft themed Legos?" If this page received 10,000 supporters, it would go into the review stage. In just 48 hours, the 10k milestone mark was met and within a few months, it was announced that Minecraft Legos passed the review stage and went on to the development stage. How awesome is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment