Tuesday, April 17, 2012

GoPro HD Hero 2


Item: GoPro HD Hero 2 (image source)

For all you outdoor and athletic go-doers, why not capture some intense moments with this cool gadget - the GoPro HD Hero 2. This video camera shoots full 1080p video and has the ability to take 11 megapixel photos. The last time I was at the slopes at Bear Mountain, I saw so many of these amazing cameras and I'm not going to lie, I was envious. There are countless uses for this and one truly astonishing feature really catches my attention.. it can be used underwater! If you go to their official website and check out the GoPro Network for pictures and video footage, it will blow you away at how crisp the pictures are and how stunning the videos turn out. I'm totally sold on this; do want!


One of the most visual and breath-taking phenomenon one could ever witness in person - the Northern Lights, also known as Aurora borealis. It always amazes me when I see pictures or videos of this natural wonder and I always wish I could be the one behind the camera taking snap shots or keepsake video!

4 comments:

  1. This is a must have if you are into sports to automotive activities. When I went to Hawaii I mounted mine to my body board and got footage of my son and I riding waves. Hd video is great. I also mounted mine to my car and got awesome moving pics too. Deff a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, catching that perfect wave and cherishing that moment with your son.. priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yeah, mang. This is some serious fun to be had. Such an incredible piece of hardware. My only gripe is it doesn't shoot at 24p. To me, that's a big deal. 24p, or 24 progressive (not interlaced "i") frames per second. This is the standard at which big budget films are presented in; the "movie" look. The HD Hero 2 shoots at 120, 60, 48 and 30p. I mean, you can mimic that effect in post, sure, but, yeah - I'm not a fan of post processing any video unless it's visual effects that aren't directly affecting playback speed. Anyway, still - this is pure bad assery and would love one of these up in the mountains of Idyllwild. My itch relief? Savings! The Nikon D7000 with a 70-300 will be mine before summer.

    I'd still buy this though because of the fact that it's water proof and has multiple kits you can buy to mount it to pretty much anything. Want something to bring that itch back? Watch this -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAifzh7_-cg&feature=fvsr

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video was incredible! I have to admit, I did get a little motion sickness but it goes to show how great the video quality is and how durable this little camera can be to withstand such a beating as it touched down and smashed into the earth!

    ReplyDelete